Bugtraq mailing list archives

Microsoft IE iframe src DoS already reported to Microsoft

From: "'ken'@FTU" <ken () ftusecurity com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:46:20 -0400

Security Professionals,

On Wednesday, April 7, 2004, Emmanouel Kellinis reported to Bugtraq that
the following HTML tag would cause IE to crash:

<iframe src="?">

Please see post:
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/359767/2004-04-05/2004-04-11/0

I discovered this bug in January 2004 and reported it to Microsoft on
January 28, 2004.

After working with Microsoft, I decided to wait until the bug was fixed
before announcing it. In my opinion, this is part of responsible
disclosure.

I hope Microsoft will publicly reply to this post and confirm that I was
the individual who originally reported the bug to them.

'ken'@FTU

--
    http://www.ftusecurity.com