Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: AIM Password theft

From: jelmer <jkuperus () planet nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:40:23 +0200

That would be my ado thingie There's a temporary fix over at

http://ip3e83566f.speed.planet.nl/hacked-by-chinese/5.htm

--jelmer

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 21:13, Brent Meshier wrote:
Mark,
      The code you just sent looks familiar to a SPAM I received
attempting to hijack users' e-gold accounts.  Out of curiosity I
followed that link which loaded start.html (attached).  What worries me
is that I'm running IE 6.0.2800.1106 with all the latest patches from
Microsoft and this page (start.html) rewrote wmplayer.exe on my local
drive without notice.  After closing the page, I found two .exe files on
my desktop (which loaded from http://doz.linux162.onway.net/eg/1.exe).
Is this a new unknown vulnerability?

Brent Meshier
Global Transport Logistics, Inc.