Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Cisco 6509 switch telnet vulnerability

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 19:25:39 -0700 (PDT)

I could not replicate this on a 6509 using remote authentication
and secureID, and those are the only ones we have around.  Has
anyone been able to replicate this?

--- Bob Niederman <btrq () bob-n com> wrote:

While this is clearly a bug, the example given does not show
that it's
serious.  The example (and the statement "...as long as they
are followed
by a space and a ?") shows that you have gotten the syntax for
the next
parameter of the command, not that you have executed it.

---
My mail server bit-buckets mail to this address which is not
from securityfocus.com servers.  To email me, send to
bob AT bob-n DOT com