Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: MSDE contained in...

From: Stefan Laudat <stefan () worldbank ro>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:26:31 +0200

        I'm using at work in my company Websense Reporter for Websense
Enterprise and McAfee Policy Orchestrator, which, under some
circumstances (usually the default installation) may install MSDE
as storage/query engine. It's shipped as third-party/redistribution
packs. There may be also other products, thus hopefully MS or someone
else will gather these under a bigger "gray list" other than one
described at the locations below (which contains only MS proggies).

See

PSS Security Response Team Alert - New Worm: W32.Slammer
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/virus/alerts/slammer.asp

and

Microsoft SQL Desktop Engine (MSDE) 2000 Detection:
The link below contains a list of products that include Microsoft SQL Desktop Engine (MSDE) 2000
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/MSDEapps.asp

--
Stefan Laudat
CCNA & CCAI