Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: More information regarding Etherleak

From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer () antioche eu org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:11:44 +0100

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 12:24:49AM +0100, Peter Turczak wrote:
I audited our system running under various operating systems.
The following OS do _not_ pad the packets with zero but something else, if
anybody is interested in the dumps of the frames produced while testing, feel
free to contact me.

Machine               OS              Version

IBM iSeries   OS/400
IBM RS/6000   AIX             4.3
Sun E450              Solaris 8
HP Printers           JetDirect       Various

In the case of the E450, the hardware does the ethernet padding. It does
with values different from 0 (0x55 in the 2 machines I tested, E420 and Ultra5),
but it doesn't come from host memory.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer () antioche eu org>
     {Net,Free}BSD: 22 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference