Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Edonkey/Overnet Plugins capable of Virus/Worm behavior

From: Julian Ashton <ashton () joltmedia com>
Date: 18 Dec 2003 10:32:01 -0000

I am concearned that this is a P2P app with over 1.2 million simulatneous users and that anyone can write a plugin and
put it on the network, the plugin CAN self propgate and CAN force overnet/edonkey to perform DDOS attacks. But where is
the security that I am looking for? The owners "MetaMachine", I think that all plugins should required to be signed by
MetaMachine and checked when loaded. Am I asking too much? I do not want to see this network become a mode of virus
propogation.