Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: KaZaA

From: "Alex Lambert" <alambert () webmaster com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:55:57 -0500

Kazaa's IE control (at least in 1.7.x) seems to treat certain URLs
differently, too, which could pose a problem. For example,
http://localhost/KazaaSearchQuery performs a search (a form for this is
displayed on desktop.kazaa.com). Putting more than 272 bytes into the query
argument causes a crash; I haven't checked if it's posisble to run malicious
code with this.

apl