Bugtraq mailing list archives

Cisco IDS Device Manager 3.1.1 Advisory

From: Andrew.Lopacki () amsouth com
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 13:42:07 -0500

On May 15th I discovered and reported a vulnerability to Cisco about their
IDS Device Manager software.  On the 17th they issued this advisory to
everyone that downloaded the software.  The vulnerability that I reported
was the Cisco IDS Device Manager Arbitrary File Read Access Vulnerability.
I provided the example URL of https://<sensor>/../../../../../etc/shadow to
Cisco TAC and to you guys at SecurityFocus.  Cisco now has a fixed version
for IDS Device Manager, now at version 3.1.2.  The url for the software is
at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ids-appsens.  The name of the
file is IDSk9-sp.3.1-2-S23.bin. Users that installed IDSk9-sp.3.1-1-S22.bin
will need to uninstall this service pack by typing the command
#IDSk9-sp.3.1-1-S22.bin -U before applying the new service pack.

Andrew Lopacki
Intrusion Analyst
AmSouth Bank

(See attached file: ids.txt.asc)