Bugtraq mailing list archives

Cgisecurity.com Paper #5: Fingerprinting Port 80 Attacks: A look into web server, and web application attack signatures: Part Two

From: zeno <zeno () cgisecurity net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:45:33 -0500 (EST)

 Hello,

 After writing this paper in my spare time for months I have finally
 finished the follow-up to "Fingerprinting Port80 Attacks".

 Part 2 covers characters missed in the first along with additional
 information that proves useful when dealing with port80 related attacks.

 This paper is meant for newbies/intermediate people, and may be review
 for some people.

 Because of the filesize I have decided to include a link to this paper.
 I have created both text and html formats for easier reading.

 www.cgisecurity.com/papers/
 http://www.cgisecurity.net/papers/fingerprinting-2.txt
 http://www.cgisecurity.net/papers/fingerprinting-2.html

 Comments, Suggestions, Flames welcome.

 - zeno () cgisecurity com

 PS: Many people translated my first paper into various languages. If you can translate
 this into a language other then english , email me please.