Bugtraq mailing list archives

solaris lpd thing

From: "ron1n ." <shellcode () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 23:17:02 +1000

I'm going through a rough period in my life -- I don't know what to do.

Attached below is a shitty remote that I leaked to the kids last year. Now
is a good time to submit it to Bugtraq. It's incredibly lame code, but why
not get it working, and then go hack some stuff...

Originally it was written for some friends and people they knew and darknet,
but now is the time to splash it over Bugtraq because I could use some fame
right now. Now that I have a lot of time on my hands, I can take up coding
as a hobby once more, learn the things I never got around to learning in my
previous hacking phase, and just start sharing some mediocre exploits,
tools, papers, etc. with the great Bugtraq.

It should be noted that on Solaris 6, you can execute commands without any
sendmail interaction whatsoever, and on Solaris 7, you can do the same in a
slightly more twisted way. Also, since most of you probably won't know if
the target box has a C compiler, your big hint is to consider changing
'script' to use an inetd backdoor. If you manage to get around my clumsy
coding errors and whatnot, you may just get a root shell.

Send any job offers or fan mail to my funky hotmail account. Even if it's
just to trade hacking tips... email me. I'm a lonely guy.

Ethics rule.

Whitehat power,
RONIN (row-nin)

P.S. The distribution thing in the header has been removed. There were no
copyright notices, unless the version submitted to Bugtraq last year
contained one. Distribute and archive as you please, ladies and gentlemen.

Well I don't think you like me
Well I hate you as well
No one seems to like you
Wish I couldn't tell