Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Pine 4.33 (at least) URL handler allows embedded commands.

From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht () suse de>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:01:05 +0100 (MET)

Problem:            URL handler allows embedded commands.
                    May allow email viruses of the Outlook kind.

  http://address/'&/some/program${IFS}with${IFS}arguments&&apos;

Isn't that old news? http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/810

I *can* be wrong, but it looks like it is the same problem...

SuSE pine packages contain a patch that makes pine use environment
variables to pass on the URL to the viewer. The patch is attached - I'm
not sure who made it, but it looks like from Olaf Kirch.

Roman.
--
| Roman Drahtmüller      <draht () suse de> // "You don't need eyes to see, |