Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Systems - Vulnerability in CDP

From: Damir Rajnovic <gaus () cisco com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:54:56 +0100

Hello Bob,

At 14:04 12/10/2001 -0500, Bob Niederman wrote:
Will CDP propagate through a switch port, on which CDP is disabled, to
other ports on the switch?

No. It will not. When you disable it on a port you are safe from
that particular side.

Sorry -- The defect you've requested 'CSCdu09909' - cannot be displayed.

We are aware of that. Our peope are working to fix that. Anyway, the
text at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/notices.html
contains far more information that release note for that bug.

Cheers,

Gaus
Damir Rajnovic <psirt () cisco com>, PSIRT Incident Manager, Cisco Systems
<http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/sec_incident_response.shtml>
Phone: +44 7715 546 033
4 The Square, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, MIDDLESEX UB11 1BN, GB
There is no insolvable problems. Question remains: can you
accept the solution?