Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Administrivia: Move to EZMLM

From: aleph1 () securityfocus com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:44:50 -0600

Some follow up comments. All messages to the list now have a List-Id
header. This is a recently proposed RFC to standardize mailing list
identification. Please make use of it for filtering messages.

RFC2919: http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/reference/rfc/authors/rfc2919.txt

Subject line prefixing with the list name is not a per user option,
its a list wide option that we won't enable. We are looking at how
difficult it would to implement as a per-user option.

Once again, to unsubscribe from lists user the address
<list>-unsubscribe () securityfocus com. To subscribe to list digests use
the address <list>-digest-unsubscribe () securityfocus com. You need to
replace <list> with the list name, e.g. bugtraq-unsubscribe () securityfocus com.
Do not attempt to email the exact address <list>-unsubscribe () securityfocus com.

A few other comments people had is the lack of a Sender header, that
to To message header is not forced to the list address, and the lack
of a non-MIME digest. I am looking into all these so no need to mail
me about them (unless you want to offer a solution ;-) ).

--
Elias Levy
SecurityFocus.com