Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft KB# to Advisory name mapping

From: "Michael C. Bazarewsky" <BazarewskyM () SOFTWARE-ANSWERS COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:12:22 -0500

All,

The Microsoft Hot-Fix Checker:

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/Release.asp?ReleaseID=24168

uses the file:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/search/bulletins.xml

to tell it the mappings between Knowledge Base numbers, names, and advisory
numbers.  I suspect that making a modified version of the Hot-Fix Checker
(which will report the current installed fixes (and not just the ones that
are missing) for all products (and not just IIS 5.0) would not be difficult.

-- Mike Bazarewsky