Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: WebServer Pro All Version Vulnerability

From: "Eric D. Williams" <eric () INFOBRO COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:44:37 -0500

Hello all;

Ahh yes...this is very true, however, security conscious WebSite users should
know that there is an easy fix for this by applying a simple WSAPI compliant
DLL (no don't read this as a cop out for O-reilly, but it is a fix / work
around for this issue) such as HAL9000.dll and a quick modification to the
registry to load the WSAPI extension.  Check out http://wgg.com/wgg/best/ for
some good WebSite *API utilities.  I want to say this is one of the reasons
that early httpd.exe was such a good entrant the author ( ?? Denny ?? ) never
seemed to let go of the close ties to the users of his product and their
concerns with security.  I think I have seen maybe two WebSite security related
issues on BugTraq (although there may be many more :) that's a good sign, I
think.

Eric
Eric Williams, Pres.
Information Brokers, Inc.    Phone: +1 202.889.4395
http://www.infobro.com/        Fax: +1 202.889.4396
              mailto:eric () infobro com
           For More Info: info () infobro com
                    PGP Public Key
   http://new.infobro.com/KeyServ/EricDWilliams.asc
Finger Print: 1055 8AED 9783 2378 73EF  7B19 0544 A590 FF65 B789

On Tuesday, March 20, 2001 1:44 PM, Fab Siciliano