Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Multiple vendors FTP denial of service

From: The Flying Hamster <hamster () VOM TM>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:08:23 +0000

From: "Thomas Maxwell" <tom () davis-eng on ca>

 I've encountered another issue with ProFTPD 1.2.0rc3.
 Upon running:

The current version is 1.2.1, rc3 should not be used in production
environments.

[...]
From: "Dan Harkless" <dan-bugtraq () dilvish speed net>

Note that one _shouldn't_ look on <http://www.proftpd.net/>, a "mistake" I
made.  <http://www.proftpd.org/> used to redirect to .net, so I thought .net
was the canonical URL.

Looks like the two servers split on February 10, however, and proftpd.net's
"News" and "Critical Bugs" pages make no mention of this vulnerability.
Take note, y'all...

There has been a shake up of the project as a whole, hence the
increase in coding activity and code releases.  This has led to some
inconsistancies and problems with the various support sites and lists,
I think we're through the worst of it now.

As of yesterday both the www and ftp services of the two domains are
pointing at the same space which will remove this confusion.

    Mark

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster () suespammers org>         http://hamster.wibble.org/
Don't confuse an open mind with a hole   in the head! - Andreas Mattern