Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Nortel CES (3DES version) offers false sense of securitywhenusi ng IPSEC

From: Ben Greenbaum <bgreenbaum () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:58:47 -0700

This was fun for this first, oh, five mails, and then it got rather old.

I was starting to think the same thing. Actually, I was enjoying more than
the first five, but the fact is that the conversation has gotten far more
academic than practical. The detail level is significantly past what most
people need to know to run a secure network or even to clearly understand
the original problem, so I'm afraid this conversation is going to have to
go elsewhere. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Ben Greenbaum
Director of Site Content
SecurityFocus
http://www.securityfocus.com