Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Mac OS X - Apache & Case Insensitive Filesystems

From: Peter Bierman <bierman () apple com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:44:30 -0700

At 7:53 PM +0200 6/10/01, Stefan Arentz wrote:
Preferred solution:

 Modification to Apache so that it does a check for the 'real'
 filename. This probably needs some support from the underlying
 operating system.

 Or Apple should submit their HFS+ patches to the Apache Software
 Foundation or install the mod_hfs_apple.so module on OS X Client.

From darwin-development () lists apple com:

The source code for the following software components which shipped with
Mac OS X Server 10.0 is available from
http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/darwin/darwinserver/

MySQL 3.23.32
Samba 2.0.8
Tomcat 3.1
ApacheModules
   - mod_auth_apple
   - mod_hfs_apple
   - mod_macbinary_apple
   - mod_sherlock_apple

(I had nothing to do with the above, I'm only forwarding the info.)
-pmb