Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-030

From: "Michael B. Morell" <MMorell () vdat com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:01:56 -0400

I was a brave soul and did install it (rev3).  I figured the third time may
be a charm (I never installed the first 2 mind you, just lucky I guess being
too busy to install the first 2 the second they came out).

It seems to be ok, even though on the reboot it took a "scary" amount of
time to come back.
If it happens to you, just be patient.  It took about 5-7 minutes to boot
back into the desktop.

Store has not been pegged and the IMS is delivering mail.  This is not to
say though that this patch is ok.  I have not reproduced the same symptoms
on this release as the other poor souls did.
I still need to test against the vulnerability to make sure it is patched.

Platform: win2k with sp2, exch 5.5 w/sp4

But as with everything, make sure you have a good backup before installing.
You can never be too safe.

good luck

Mike Morell