Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: lil' exim format bug

From: Robert van der Meulen <rvdm () cistron nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:42:46 +0200

Hi,

Quoting Foldi Tamas (crow () kapu hu):
All of the downloadable versions are still buggy, and I can't understand
why does it recommend the main-main-developer to paste '%s' into the
source code.
The following patch should work against this ugly format bug:
<snip patch>

The debian packages have been fixed, and an announcement has been sent.

At the moment, we know another 'ugly' bug in the exim main code, but
because of your tone it's not published. I can't understand, why do you
use this tone against people, who audits your shity code, which has some
errors in it.
If you believe in full disclosure, and you were submitting this bug for the
security community (why else?) - why are you letting the same principles
down after getting a remark you didn't like ?

/etc/exim.conf should have an option set:
This is not the default name or location for the exim config file.
lez:~$ /usr/sbin/exim -bS
These values are defaults in most linuxes.
No. Most linuxes i encountered had this option disabled by default in
exim.conf.

Greets,
        Robert
--
                              Linux Generation
   encrypted mail preferred. finger rvdm () debian org for my GnuPG/PGP key.