Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: 'Code Red' does not seem to be scanning for IIS

From: "Emre Yildirim" <emre () vsrc uab edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:00:11 -0500 (CDT)

the worm just tries port 80 on ip's. doesnt care if its IIS or not.

This is weird.  I just checked the www logs of one of our webservers, and
found about 144 hits in a 5 hours time span.  There seems to be no pattern
either; the IPs are all random (although there were a lot of .cn and .tw
as wellas DSL hosts).  One thing I've noticed is that the hits only appear at
certaintimes.  I.e. from 15:25 to 15:31 we got about 27 hits, and there are some
other noticable times like 16:50 to 17:15.  Maybe it's just a coincidence.

--
emre () unix us eu org

(PS:  Perhaps this should be posted to incidents@)