Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Two birds with one worm.

From: Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij () vanderkooij org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 23:43:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Mike Lewinski wrote:

It looks like the "Code Red" worm has the added side effect of
crashing
Cisco (675/678) DSL CPEs running any CBOS prior to 2.4.1. The GET it
sends
looking for IIS servers hardlocks any modem with the web management
interface enabled.

FYI.... I believe we're seeing secondary effects on other higher-end
Cisco's (i.e. 7500's)

This may be partly to blame on the number of vunerable systems and the
load they cause. Seems we get a lot of birds this way.

Hugo.

--
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
    hvdkooij () vanderkooij org         http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/