Bugtraq mailing list archives

[SAFER] Security Bulletin 010125.EXP.1.12

From: Security Research Team <security () RELAYGROUP COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:20:10 +0700

      S.A.F.E.R. Security Bulletin 010125.EXP.1.12

TITLE    : PlanetIntra - Buffer Overflow
DATE     : January 25, 2001
NATURE   : Remote execution of code
AFFECTED : PlanetIntra v2.5 software

PROBLEM:

A buffer overflow exists in PlanetIntra software that allows remote execution of code.

DETAILS:

A buffer overflow (at least one, possibly more) exists in 'pi' binary which allows remote user to execute commands on
the target system.

For example, request like:

GET /cgi-bin/pi?page=document/show_file&id=<A x 10024>

will trigger the overflow.

EXPLOIT:

Exploit will be released in 2 weeks (this is subject to change).

FIXES:

We are aware that patch for this issue has been made, but we have never received official response/confirmation, and we
are not aware if the current version available for download ( http://www.planetintra.com ) is vulnerable to this
problem.

CREDITS:

Fyodor Yarochkin <fyodor () relaygroup com>

This advisory is also available at http://www.safermag.com/advisories/

   S.A.F.E.R. - Security Alert For Enterprise Resources
          Copyright (c) 2001 The Relay Group
  http://www.safermag.com  ----  security () relaygroup com