Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Trend Micro's VirusWall: Multiple vunerabilities (fwd)

From: Joey Maier <maierj () HOME COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:53:20 +0000

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Hank Leininger wrote:

Hm.  Joey's advisory listed a number of @trendmicro.com addresses he had
sent notifications to.  He did not mention that the most obviously
appropriate of those had bounced :(

Hank Leininger <hlein () progressive-comp com>

Hey Hank,  (...and other folks)

The address that currently works for TrendMicro is
support () trendmicro com.  For the fastest response, include the
Case ID # in the subject line.  For this issue, that's [TDSC237EA95D].

Sorry I didn't mention which addresses bounced and which did not.
I was following the recommendations in RFPolicyV2, which states:
http://www.wiretrip.net/rfp/policy.html
Should the ORIGINATOR not be able to locate a suitable email address
for the MAINTAINER, the ORIGINATOR should address the ISSUE to:

security-alert@[MAINTAINER]
secure@[MAINTAINER]
security@[MAINTAINER]
support@[MAINTAINER]
info@[MAINTAINER]

regardless of their existence. Anyone who could be deemed as a
'MAINTAINER' is encouraged to populate at least some of the above
email addresses.

I agree that TrendMicro ought to establish a security () trendmicro com
account and route that to someone other than their general support
staff.

Joey
--
        "When you understand UNIX, you will understand the world.
         When you understand NT....you will understand NT" - Richard Thieme