Bugtraq mailing list archives

WinRoute Pro and Memory Protection

From: Peter Miller <pcmiller61 () YAHOO COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 01:11:29 +0200

Hi All,

I have some feedback on the memory write protection issue I reported on this
list about a week ago.

Future builds of Tiny Personal Firewall and the yet to be released WinRoute
5.0 will not require memory write protection to be disabled under Windows
2000.

Thanks for the support I received from the list in getting this issue
resolved.

Below is the message I received from Tiny Software.

Regards
Peter

-----

Hi, Peter !

I have good news for you ;-)

I rewrote function for hooking system functions in our driver. Now write
protection needn't to be disabled (EnforceWriteProtection can be set to
"1").

This fix will be available in Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.7 and WinRoute 5.0
(maybe soon...)

  S. Kolar (standa () winroute com)