Bugtraq mailing list archives

Workaround: Lotus Domino Server Directory Traversal Vulnerability (2173)

From: Miha.Vitorovic () NIL SI
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:31:03 +0100

Hi all,

Today our Domino administrator (Robert Turnsek) and I spent some time
trying to make the recent Domino vulnerability disappear. This is what we
came up with.

Domino Server 5.0.5

- Open the Administration Client
- Select the server you want to administer
- "Configuration" tab / "Server" section / Current server document :
               Press the "Web" button
               Select "Create URL mapping/redirection"
- In the URL redirection document
  + "Basics" tab
         Select: URL ---> Redirection URL
  + "Mapping" tab
         Incoming URL: /.nsf/*
         Redirection URL: [the URL you want to redirect to, for example
"http://www.notes.net";]
- Save the document
- Restart the HTTP task

I hope this helps...

---
  Miha Vitorovic
  Inženir v tehničnem področju
  Customer Support Engineer

   NIL Data Communications,  Einspielerjeva 6,  1000 Ljubljana,  Slovenia
   Phone +386 1 4746 500      Fax +386 1 4746 501     http://www.NIL.si