Bugtraq mailing list archives

DoS for KDE2 (patriotsoft packages) and Gnome 1.2 (Ximian RPM binaries) on Solaris 7/8

From: Robert Banniza <robert () ROOTPROMPT NET>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:39:57 -0800

Using strobe 1.03, I was able to crash Gnome (Ximian) and KDE2 window
managers on Solaris 7 (running patch level 8) and Solaris 8 (running patch
level 5). Ximian has been notified of the issue. I have the core dump if
someone would like to see it as it is too big to send to the list. Both of
the Solaris installations were Sparc architecture. The KDE2 installation
were packages (binaries) created by Patriotsoft and the Gnome 1.2
installation (Ximian) was a generic installation (using their installer)
which was recently updated (02/11). This was also tried on Solaris 8 running
CDE which had no ill effect. Linux seemed to not have an ill effect as well.

Robert