Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: HTML Form Protocol Attack

From: Barnaby Gray <bgrg2 () cam ac uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:49:12 +0100

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 12:58:09AM +0200, Sevo Stille wrote:
For ports below 80. There are a lot of other potentially vulnerable
services above 80. pop3 in particular is used by the largest German ISP
without password authentication (users are authenticated through their
temporary IP address and associated Radius information), so the
described pop3 deletion attacks against their users email would very
trivial.

Yep, and worse because IE was tested as vulnerable I believe.

but gets stuck halfway through
the transmission, without submitting the evil data.

Not stuck - unless you send a carefully crafted form faking a ftp
session, the ftp server would be waiting for some valid ftp commands to
roll in.

You're right, after attempted again I managed to get it to login to my
FTP server, but ftp was not the best protocol to try it on considering
the way data back from the server is sent, which there's no way of
fiddling.

Barnaby