Bugtraq mailing list archives

Fwd: Security Alert: Groupwise - Action Required

From: Mike Shaw <mshaw () wwisp com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:39:06 -0500

I don't know if there is anyone running Groupwise anymore (I guess I'd be surprised) but this is worth a look if you are.

-Mike

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 17:31:33 -0600
From: DeveloperNet Subscribers <devnet_connect () novell com>
To: mshaw () wwisp com
Subject: Security Alert: Groupwise - Action Required

Novell has discovered a security issue with GroupWise. This issue only affects GroupWise 5.5 Enhancement Pack and GroupWise 6 customers. A fix, called the Padlock Fix, has been developed and is available on Novell's support Web site at: http://support.novell.com/padlock

We have sent a message to all GroupWise customers for whom we have contact information. If you have customers who are running GroupWise, please call them, inform them of this issue, and ask them to download the Server Padlock Fix immediately. There is both a server and client fix. Once the Server Padlock Fix is applied, that server and its corresponding workstations are secured. The Client Padlock Fix then needs to be applied to return the overall system to optimum performance. Again, we recommend that all of your customers apply the Server Padlock Fix immediately.

Your customers may call Novell Technical Support free of charge at 1.800.858.4000, for EMEA call 49.211.5632.744, for Asia/Pacific call 61.2.9925.3000.

Novell is not releasing details about the security issue at this time so that our customers have time to secure their systems. GroupWise 4.x, 5.0, 5.2, and 5.5 servers and clients are not affected. Customers with these versions need not apply the fix.

---
You are currently subscribed as: [mshaw () wwisp com]
To unsubscribe, please visit http://developer.novell.com/email