Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin (MS00-078)

From: Luiz Lima <llima () IMAGELINK COM BR>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:13:47 -0200

Ok... So I've applied the patch to my English version NT Server 4.0 SP6a.
Now it seems that I can't access directories with dots on their names.

To make it happen, simply create a folder named test.com on your web folder.
If you try to access it (http://localhost/test.com) the server returns
"listing not allowed". Well, that was expected. Now, create a simple
index.htm or index.asp and out it inside there and try again: 404 - Not
found.

It also seems not to be related to the default document loading because if
you create a bogus.htm file and try to get it
(http://localhost/test.com/bogus.htm) it won't come either. A "not found"
error is all you'll get.

I've tried on three different servers (with ver simillar configuration,
however) and they all behaved the same way.

Anybody with this behavior?

---
Luiz Lima
Image Link Internet