Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Nokia firewalls

From: "van der Kooij, Hugo" <Hugo.van.der.Kooij () CAIW NL>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 23:20:45 +0100

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, K2 wrote:

      Well I just unwrapped my shiny new Nokia IP440 integrated
Firewall-1/IDS appliance and thought to give it a once over. It appears
to be a older fBSD kernel + some firewall (checkpoint 4.1) + some IDS
(ISS) + remote admin (SSH/http).

Could you state version numbers of:
 - IPSO (v3.2.1 is presumed if the box is reasonable fresh)
 - FireWall-1 (build level?)

Anyhow, I just thought they may want to clean these things up...

Hmm.

I guess you have considered to inform the manufacturer? So why post it
here at this point?

Hugo.

PS: I would encourage to use normal disclosure procedures giving the
manufacturer 5 working days for such issues.

--
hvdkooij () caiw nl     http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
This message has not been checked and may contain harmfull content.