Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Netopia ISDN Router 650-ST: Viewing of all system logs without login

From: Aaron Nichols <anichols () NETOPIA COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:37:20 -0800

Andrew,
        This problem has been a known issue for some time and was resolved
in Netopia firmware version 4.3.2 in May of 1999. The platform that you
are referring to, the PN650-ST, has not been in production for over 2
years. The last version of firmware released for that product was version
3.3.2 which was released in January of 1999 and no subsequent updates have
been provided. We make every effort to resolve any security issue promptly
and if it is an issue with our current platform we will absolutely address
it immediately and have in the past addressed issues which were brought to
our attention expediently. I do apologize for the lack of response
regarding your original inquiries and I assure you that we are making
every effort to make sure that this does not happen again.

Feel free to contact me if you have any further concerns.

Thank you,
Aaron