Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: FW: Filesystem Access + VolanoChat = VChat admin (fwd)

From: "K, KRazY" <krazy-k () shell acadiacom net>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 08:56:08 -0600

I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding between myself and
Volano LLC.  I don't understand what happened to the network that
prevented me from receiving their email.  I used a real address that I
receive tons of mail to everyday.  I was unaware of any network problem on
the days that the vendor attempted to contact me.  I am in no way
attempting to "threaten" the vendor.  I always work with the vendor when
they respond and understand now that Volano did attempt to respond.

I don't understand how Carel Neffenger can say "... obviously not a
security issue, and is a simple matter of directory and file permissions."
Normally files that are installed by a product are locked down or there is
a section in the documentation to cover a secure configuration.

The issue is now understood so admins can configure securely (currently
some are not).

Thanks!
KraZY-k