Bugtraq mailing list archives

Realsecure Advisory - Fate Research Labs (11-01-00)

From: dynamo <dynamo () IME NET>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 18:52:38 -0500

I'm confused here.

Was this seriously just an "advisory" over a feature request?

Did i misunderstand or was it simply saying "this product doesnt do
something that it doesnt claim to do"?  Do they ever claim to detect
those two security holes listed in the advisory?

Everyone knows that no single security product is going to make your
network completely secure.  I assume that everyone agrees its bad if a
certain bit of functionality is not available, but thats HARDLY grounds
to call it a security hole in the product.

Are we going to start seeing advisories on a regular bases now
regarding features "we'd like to see"?

So please tell me, did I misunderstand?