Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Lotus ESMTP Service (Lotus Domino Release 5.0.1 (Intl))

From: smiler () VXD ORG (SMILER)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 13:15:42 +0100

Well I tryed this in :

* Lotus Domino ESMTP Services running Version 5.0.3 (Intl) and smtp died
also after mail from: someone@4k_junk

* Lotus Domino ESMTP version 5.0.2 (Intl) is also vulnerable to this.

* I also tryed this against Version 5.0.2c (Intl) without success in DOS so
I assume that 5.0.2c(Intl) is not vulnerable.

* Merak Server Version 2.10.270 is not also vulnerable.

* CMail Server version 2.4.6 is not vulnerable to mail from: someone@4k_junk
BUT is vulnerable to something_4k_junk ! In fact this software even logs
"mail from: someone@4k_junk" as a DOS attempt but crashes when you just send
something_4k_junk !

* Argosoft Mail Server version 1.2.1.0 doesn´t crash with "mail from:
someon@4k:_junk" but after some messages it will log : Error: Access
violation at address 00459CBB in module 'MAILSERVER.EXE'. Read of address
FFFFFFFF but it will continue to serve :) Maybe we could make something
funny with this overflow (?) ;)))

* Many others where I haven´t tryed this...?

I am attaching a demonstration code (perl) for those who want to check any other
servers that might be vulnerable to this.

smiler () vxd org