Bugtraq mailing list archives

Ipchains!

From: dparussalla () BAYSIDEGRP COM AU (Dimuthu Parussalla)
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 11:07:42 +1000

Ipchains buffer overflow with debian 2.2.10 Kernel.

there is a buffer overflow hang in linux debian distributin kernel 2.2.10
with ipchains 1.3.8, 27-Oct-1998.

here is the explanation.

We tested with a linux running with debian above version of kernel  and
ipchains. first we setup the linux box to handle IP Masquerading as follows.

ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.0.0/16

Then from a local workstation within the 192.168.0.0 network. We ssh to the
linux box. and did the following

$ping -f <ip.address>

And we opend a another ssh session to the linux box and did the following

$ping -l 6512121 <ip.address>

After a few minutes. Ipchains hangs and the linux server hangs..

Ipchains-patch.gz will fix the problem.

THE UNDERTAKER -> EFNET -> REAL CRACKING

!!!REST IN PACE!!!!