Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: lynx - someone is deaf and blind ;)

From: kris () HUB FREEBSD ORG (Kris Kennaway)
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 22:09:06 -0800

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Michal Zalewski wrote:

extremely long URLs. I'm not going to give more examples here, as I'm
afraid I might miss one or two that won't be fixed - developers, use your
head, take a look at the code and fix every suspected piece of code, not
only already published / described bugs.

I have just disabled the lynx port/package in FreeBSD. We won't be
shipping it in FreeBSD 4.0, or until this gets addressed. It's a shame
because it's such a popular and useful tool, but the risk to users is just
too great.

Thanks for notifying the world of these problems :)

Kris Kennaway

----
    -- Charles Forsythe <forsythe () alum mit edu>