Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Disk (over)quota in Windows 2000

From: canderso () ISM CA (Curtis Anderson, CNE, MCSE)
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:08:47 -0600

Good point.  I can spew hundreds of megabytes into an ADS stream an it won't
show up as being used (by me or any other user).
Frank Heyne wrote one of several available utils for listing ADS streams
(http://www.heysoft.de/) IIRC the utility's called LADS.  Query your
favorite search engine for "Alternate Data Streams" and you can find other
utils to do this.  If you're programmatically inclined, query the $MFT file
directly.
Curtis Anderson, CNE, MCSE
ISM Manitoba - an IBM Global Services team member
canderso () ism ca             andersoc () ca ibm com