Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Hide Drives does not work with OUTLOOK 98.

From: SAlderman () FREITRATER COM (Alderman, Sean)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:51:23 -0500

I use similar restrictions on Windows 9X policies.  You may also notice that
any 16bit File Open API will allow you to see all local and mapped drives.

I would suggest checking the other File Open dialogs in apps like Office and
maybe some 32bit non MS apps.  The 16bit dialog does not allow you to
perform edit ops like the 32bit dialog does.  I have not noticed any issues
with this in my Office 97 installations.

What you are seeing implies that Outlook98's attach dialog is not using
Explorer to browse and build it's file listing...I believe that is why the
16bit dialogs act similarly.