Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: RealServer exposes internal IP addresses

From: monwel () INTERHACK NET (Doug Monroe)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:18:37 -0500

tschweikle () FIDUCIA DE wrote:
RealServer exposes internal IP addresses if requested to
deliver real media files:
62.158.114.150 -> 192.168.13.33 HTTP
  GET /ramgen/extern/genoverb/weinkauf.rm HTTP/1.0
192.168.13.33 -> 62.158.114.150 HTTP
  (proxy) R port=1210
192.168.13.33 -> 62.158.114.150 HTTP
  HTTP/1.0 200 OK
192.168.13.33 -> 62.158.114.150 HTTP
  rtsp://192.168.13.33:554/extern/genoverb/weinkauf.rm
The Server is located inside a DMZ. Network-Address
translation is in effect from internet as is from campus.
In my opinion this may be usedfull for an intruder, and
RealNetworks should fix this. I've informed them about
6 weeks ago, calling them again four weeks later, then
14 days ago, but no reaction on there side until now.

FWIW - some time ago (Sept.99) I addressed this issue with Real. I sent them
a similar bit of info:
$ GET http://realg2.example.com:8080/ramgen/foo.rm
reveals-
rtsp://192.168.11.12:554/foo.rm
--stop--
pnm://192.168.11.12:7070/foo.rm
server info:
WinNT Version 6.0.3.303

I got this reply:
1. Add the following line to the end of your rmserver.cfg:
<Var HostName="IP-or-HostName"/>
2. In the URL add the text "?usehostname"
so that your URL will look like:
http://demos.real.com:8080/ramgen/g2video.rm?usehostname
The variable <Var HostName="IP-or-HostName"/>  is only supported in
the RealServer 6.1 Beta version.

I don't have any idea what version they're up to currently or if any of
this indeed works...
I lost interest myself.

--
Doug Monroe