Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: WuFTPD: Providing *remote* root since at least1994

From: kenn () BLUETREE IE (Kenn Humborg)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:00:05 +0100

Unless it at the same time returns an error, which I presume most do
when they have to truncate the result. In case of error it can and
should be expected that the result is a bit undefined..

I have so far seen four alternatives:

a) Returns -1 and raw truncate without \0

b) Returns -1 and truncate with a \0
[...]
Can you please list the vendors who have the incorrect behaviours you
described in (a) and (b) so that we can properly bitch at them?

Microsoft Visual C 5.0 sp3 does (a).

In fairness, their function is _snprintf rather than snprintf
so doesn't strictly need to follow a spec.

Kenn