Bugtraq mailing list archives

RELEASED: LibnetNT by eEye Digital Security

From: marc () EEYE COM (Marc)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 13:16:00 -0700

Libnet for Unix is used in many of today's popular security programs because
of how easy it is to implement low level packet functionality into a
program. Well now that same ease of use development API is available for
Windows NT platforms.

LibnetNT has the exact same functionality and abilities as Libnet except
LibnetNT can be used to develop low level packet injection programs on
Windows NT4.0 and Windows NT5.0. Duh.

LibnetNT is being released open source in an effort to speed things up with
the LibnetNT project. So if you find any bugs or have any suggestions eMail
us with your code snippets and we will implement them as soon as possible.

LibnetNT has been encapsulated in a dll file so you can call the Libnet
functions from almost any Windows NT programming language. I.E. You could
write a SYN flooder in Visual Basic. :-]

This is the first beta of LibnetNT so there is probably a few bugs still to
be worked out. We will have a mailing list for LibnetNT soon to discuss
bugs, fixes, and new features.

We hope you enjoy the work we've put into this project.

To download LibnetNT and its source go to: http://www.eEye.com

Enjoy! and start sending us your LibnetNT utilities for our archive!

Signed,
Marc Maiffret
Chief Hacking Officer
eCompany / eEye