Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Flaw in 3c59x.c or in Kernel?

From: jp () MARTINET COM (Jonathan Poole)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 14:03:14 -0500

I have found that it's a problem in the original 3c905 NIC, and the 3com
905B, I seem to have resolved my issues with buying a 3com905C.

I found that the HARDWARE not the software, is broke with 905B's (IE can't
handle cross over, and doesn't negotiate properly), However Setting the
Ethernet MTU's at 1477 was probably tyhe base of my issue (Yes, I am a
PppoE lewser, from annoying uplink sympatico.ca that forces pppoe)

I think this not necessarily a driver issue, but a hardware issue.  The
revisions on the NIC's have been changing, and it would be a great card,
if it was originally introduced as a 905C, not a B or original.

Jonathan Poole.