Bugtraq mailing list archives

RFPoison is not a trojan, and the source will prove it

From: rfp () WIRETRIP NET (.rain.forest.puppy.)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 15:44:52 -0600

It seems an AVP trojan signature has been pegging RFPoison.exe (the one
available on my website, PacketStorm, etc) as Trojan.Win32.Aleph.  I can't
find any information on this trojan.  My personal feeling is that it's a
false alarm, but in any event, I wanted to make amends.

I placed a new .zip/.exe on my site that contains a freshly-compiled
version that does not report as being Trojan.Win32.Aleph.  As a bonus, I
also made the source code available, so you can compile yourself.  I also
modified the source (and therefore the new binary) to not reboot/crash
when you use it.

Thank you, you may now go about your business.
- rain.forest.puppy