Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: war-ftpd 1.6x DoS

From: jgaa () JGAA COM (Jarle Aase)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 08:41:34 +0100

I can confirm that version 1.6* have a problem, as described in the initial report.

Until now, the command parser in War FTP Daemon 1.6* has allowed commands up to 8 KB in size. To prevent this, and
other buffer-overflow problems, this size is decreased to (MAX_PATH + 8), and an additional check is added that
prevents any command argument to exceed MAX_PATH in length.

A new version, 1.67-4 has been released with this modification. See http://war.jgaa.com/alert/ for download details.

Jarle Aase