Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: TrendMicro OfficeScan tmlisten.exe DoS

From: Heiko.Herold () PREVINET IT (Herold Heiko)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:36:32 +0100

Does happen here, too. Same situation (version), just a simple telnet
with random data (a few bytes) is enough to crash the service.
Tmlisten.exe does crash usually when the telnet connection is closed, not
when you send the data.
Did test with NTws machines only.
Heiko

-- PREVINET S.p.A.            Heiko.Herold () previnet it
-- Via Marocchesa, 14         ph  x39-041-5494228
-- I-31021 Mogliano V.to (TV) fax x39-041-5492263
-- ITALY