Bugtraq mailing list archives

Administrivia: No Content Advisories

From: Elias Levy <aleph1 () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:42:20 -0800

I will no longer be approving any advisories with little or no
content that point you to some other place for information.

I understand that the folks following this route wish to be
able to maintain control of the information the user sees
to make sure its up to date, but this format is negative in
many other ways.

Putting the content inline means that people that can get
immediate access to the web can still obtain the information.
It means people are dependent on a single point of failure
for the information. It means the information won't be archived
in the list archives. Etc.

You are welcome to put links to other places were users
may obtain the builtin in your messages, but the message
itself must contain information.

--
Elias Levy
SecurityFocus.com