Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Nokia firewalls

From: "van der Kooij, Hugo" <Hugo.van.der.Kooij () CAIW NL>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:37:29 +0100

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Richard Rager wrote:

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, van der Kooij, Hugo wrote:

Anyhow, I just thought they may want to clean these things up...

   Yes I wish they would.

The response of Nokia (case 31890):

we are aware of this issue, and your not the first to bring this to our
attention. This is a bug, yes it will be fixed very quickly but this is
not a major vulnerability, you do need a logon to the box. If this logon
was obtained through covert measures then you have bigger problems than
this bug! As Dameon Welch states, a properly secured IPSO box won't
experience this problem

Hugo.

PS: Dameon Welch is usually known for his Phoneboy FAQ.

--
hvdkooij () caiw nl     http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
This message has not been checked and may contain harmfull content.